Bean Salad
(this is a good one!! Really - bean salad was always a last option for me ... until I ate this one!)
1 lb green beans, fresh (I used frozen this time, it was okay, but fresh is better)
1 can chick peas or mixed beans (large can)
1/3 c red onion, chopped fine
2 T fresh dill (dried is okay)
Dressing: 2 T red wine vinegar, 2 T olive oil, 1 T sugar, 1 T dijon mustard, salt and pepper to taste.
Cook green beans 3 or so minutes, drain and chill under cold water. Add other beans, mix with dressing and let sit for a while before serving.
Hummus
1 can chick peas, drained and rinsed
1/4 c sour cream
2 T Tahini (I don't use this - keep meaning to buy it, though!)
2 T lemon juice
1 t lemon zest
2 t garlic, minced
1/2 t sesame oil
1/2 t sugar
1/4 t cumin
1/4 t coriander
Blend in food processor. Serve with raw veggies, crackers, pita crisps, whatever you have on hand.
Incidentally, both of these recipes originate from my good friend Cory.... who I miss often and didn't get to see when we were in Winnipeg. She is an amazing hostess, homemaker, mom, and friend.. I always enjoyed hanging out with her! Many of my favorite recipes came from casual meals at Cory's place.
Our other domestic project has been Sydney's room, which had a domino effect throughout the house and resulted in other projects everywhere. Here is a glimpse:


Yes, the room is very, very pink. Syd chose the colors. She has a very small room for her bed, and then the above photos are in the 'sitting room'. The two rooms are connected. by a doorway, though. She's been home for three days, so it no longer looks like this!
Unfortunately, our poor yard is still unattended. We'll get there yet!
No comments:
Post a Comment