Here are some of the inspiring messages and words I need to "deposit" for now:
- Redemptive. Redemption. Redeemed
- When something is "funky", engage. Ignoring stuff thats easier to NOT deal with does not make it go away.
- People move very slowly between believing in Jesus and being completely Jesus centred. Lots of people park at belief for their whole lives. They're missing out.
- Leaders call fouls; its part of the territory. They even call them on themselves.
- We've spiritualized mediocrity.
- Take responsibility.
- confess.
- I will refuse God nothing. I will respond to Him without delay.
- Unapologetic.
- holy discontent
- heal wounds. reconcile people to eachother.
- inexperience can be an asset.
- failure isn't an option. It's a necessity.
- the culture is not to blame.
- Bring it on.
- They devoted themselves to the apostles' teaching and to the fellowship, to the breaking of bread and to prayer. Everyone was filled with awe, and many wonders and miraculous signs were done by the apostles. All the believers were together and had everything in common. Selling their possessions and goods, they gave to anyone as he had need. Every day they continued to meet together in the temple courts. They broke bread in their homes and ate together with glad and sincere hearts, praising God and enjoying the favor of all the people. And the Lord added to their number daily those who were being saved.
- Carte blanche pour mon Seigneur. Chaque jour. Tout le temps. Vraiment.
- we pursue being totally safe. and we end up being totally stuck.
- in a world of pain and suffering, despair.. the church really is the plan for healing, redemption, and hope. Like, for really real. Not just words or concepts, we're it.
- ijm.ca
- your wallet and your schedule follow your heart.
- spiritual growth is scandalously simple.
- extravagant love. extravagant beauty. extravagant joy.
- evaluate by outcome.
- Calling is holy.
- love and abide. love and abide. love and abide.
- Dignity and love for all.
Ahh..thats it. I will not think about the great books I noted, or that Brendan bought. I will not make mental outlines of the Bethany implementation list. I will not summarize the insights gleaned by categories inside my head. Now, I will sleep... but be advised ... the next couple posts will likely be more of the same.. though, hopefully more coherent...
Ahh, the conference. It was good wasn't it? My first time attending and I agree with some of your thoughts. I liked the funky statement, the quote about failure and especially the don't pray until your ready for it prayer of "Bring it on God!!"
ReplyDeleteOh yeah, my wallet is complaining, I bought a measly 5 books... now when to have time to read them!
Hope your summer is going well and miss you guys bunches! Carol
love to hear which books you bought... brendan bought two, the Axiom one and another.. can't remember it right now.
ReplyDeleteIts difficult to sift through all the 'input' and decide what to intentionally keep...
see you in october!
Always getting me thinking...
ReplyDeleteHey Kelly, I wish we could sit down at the Robin's across from Mountain there and have coffee and talk about your thoughts from the conference :) I've always loved talking to you!!
ReplyDeleteAng! I miss you guys so much! we'll be in Manitoba at the same time at Christmas, I think.. Oct 9-13. HOpe to see you and cant wait to meet Cassie. love ya. maybe we'll go to 529 again...!?!?
ReplyDelete