Saturday, September 6, 2008

What's New?

A tag from Jess: State five things that are new in your life - they could be anything from a profound personal realization to a new favorite restaurant. Here goes...

  1. New BED - Bren and I went bed shopping for the first time ever during the summer. We purchased an overpriced and overstuffed mattress that makes bedtime really great. Gettinguptime is not so easy. We also got high thread count sheets for the first time. I highly recommend both!

  2. New understanding of devotion(s) - A very wise woman helped me to crystallize my own thoughts about 'personal devotions' - she said that putting an 's' on the end of the word 'devotion' takes something that is beautiful and worthy and makes it ugly. Well said! It is better to live a life of devotion, that is expressed through all manner of experiences, than it is to check a task off our daily to do list. I get to work with some of the amazingest people at Bethany. They're a pretty smart and gifted bunch.

  3. New deepening friendships - Now that we're not so new in our community, relationships are getting a bit deeper and true friendships are developing. I am blessed, but also have frequent pangs of grief as I miss old friends, (Lorrie, Lisa, Karen, Cory, Carol, Heidi, Zofia, Jilly, and many others...) and old haunts, (my kitchen on Seymour, Grace Cafe, the Robins on Lag and Grassie, the Robins on Mountain at Main), and in general, the old life we had that was pretty awesome.



  1. New understanding of ABIDING - "I can do all things through Him who strengthens me." - Philippians 4:13. Or: "I can do nothing, and any efforts are in vain, without giving everything to Jesus and receiving from Him what is needed for every circumstance, relationship, need, and conversation"- (Biblegateway couldn't help me find the verse for that one :)

  2. New love for my husband - Through two opportunities that were somewhat gut wrenching, I've seen Bren make decisions and commitments that have re-opened my eyes to what a great person he is. I really like him a lot, and I really like being married to him forever and ever. I wish once again that we could get to exhilarating, really good and right places without mucking along beforehand. Nope, it just don't work that way!

  3. New purse - I got a LUG bag in August after looking for a new purse all summer, throughout Manitoba and Saskatchewan. I'm really not materialistic , but I L O V E this bag. It was worth the wait and every penny.

I'm tagging: Rob & Carol, LT, Chris & Bec, Jeff, and one of the two bloggers-in-hiding I know that have pages designed but haven't yet started posting... you know who you are!

** about devotions: I realized after i wrote this that it sounded kind of harsh.. not meant to be so. I just hear more guilt and UN-life giving sentiment associated with the commonly used term 'devotions'. I know that there's more than that out there....

*** another new thing: Supper Club!!! I can't believe I forgot this in the original post!! Once per week, we make supper for ourselves and two other families.. we deliver two suppers and eat the third. And then , twice per week, the other families do the same, so we end up with supper being delivered to our door -Hot and Ready to EAT Twice every week! I am pumped about this idea.

3 comments:

  1. I love that pic of you and Bren

    ReplyDelete
  2. New beds are great! We bought a "king" size (I think technically it's not a true king but its bigger than a double which is what we were sleeping in before!)about 2 years ago. At first I was a little embarrassed because to me "king" means that I'm pretty spoiled (though the bed wasn't at all expensive), but now I think it was worth the time and effort dragging that thing from Ikea in Calgary! Now our whole family can fit on our bed! Plus I get great sleeps on it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're pretty awesome. I miss you!
    King size beds are pretty awesome, too!
    That picture of me is not. I don't like it.
    I wish I could purse shop with you - there are so many times I see a purse and think "that is such a Kelly purse!"
    Lorrie

    ReplyDelete