Tuesday, November 24, 2009

breaking in..



i don't know if it is the vineyard influence or the result of learning about kingdom from tim geddert a couple of years ago, but i have been thinking alot about this idea of 'in-breaking kingdom' lately.

One of the tensions we wrestle with is the reality of the kingdom God being here and now (present) and there and then (future). The here and now part can be evidenced in glorious moments when something supernatural breaks in and overshadows some set of circumstances. Sometimes, these little inbreakings are like a spiritual experience, where something happens that just isn't logical, predictable, or easily explainable.

I had one of those moments recently, and it felt kind of like the hallelujah chorus should be playing in the background. I thought a specific situation was one that I'd be wading through for a long time, something that I'd be wrestling through and processing for an extended period. And it was heavy, a real burden.

But it was healed, removed in an instant. A moment of significant clarity and a feeling of aha! broke in, and that particular circumstance is resolved; off the radar. No residual angst or wondering, just a profoundly real and yet very ordinary experience of the love of God.

This isn't always the way it works, it isn't always the way God works, but in this situation, it was. In this situation He fixed.

Hallelujah!

1 comment: