"The result is a study in the complexity and conflictedness of identity, of the subtle disjunctions between how we look from the outside and how we think of ourselves from the inside."
...yeah... what he said.
check it out here (and don't miss out on the bonus 'online only' images.. they're the most interesting ones!) Scroll down to get the article text after the first image, then scroll through the images... It's worth the time, pretty fascinating!
I've been considering the importance of self awareness, and self acceptance lately. Studying this group of photos reveals how the gap between how we see ourselves and how we really appear. (or how others see us) It's pretty amazing to see the "I wish I was...." come through the composites that show how individuals see themselves...
I think my composite would look like this: (at least lately, this is how I see myself...)


I miss those days too. I've been doing family with my students and I have been reminded again and again how awesome my family is.
ReplyDeleteMy kids are always available for babysitting! :)
ReplyDelete