Sunday, February 22, 2009

facebook confessions

I have a confession to make. I love facebook. And I feel judged about it. Yup, I do. There's a lot of critical talk about facebook out there!!
So, here is my I-am-a-fan-of-facebook plug.

Facebook chat? LOVE IT. Maybe if I'd have ever gotten on the MSN bus, I wouldn't be so enamored with FB chat. But seriously!? FB chats are so good for staying in touch! Recently, I've had some great conversations about giving birth, nursing babies, snowball fights, good books being read, and really big decisions - some of those chats probaly happened simultaneously!

Photos? LOVE IT. I like knowing a little more about my nieces and nephews! I love getting an idea of what makes them tick in ways that would never happen over turkey and cranberry sauce at grandma's house. When you can't be really close to family, FB sure helps you to know one another better. And being able to see photos of family gatherings you weren't at, friends' kids growing up way too fast... call me crazy, but I think its a gift.

Notes? LOVE IT. I think its so much fun that those random notes about ourselves, our kids, our memories - seem to be all the rage right now. I like learning more about my friends! Plus, they give me something to read when I'm chatting...

Groups? LOVE IT. I have a group with my sisters where we talk about tons of stuff. Some mundane, some important. It is very awesome. Except Lisa is a slacker, so many posts end with - where the heck is Lisa?! FB groups are good.

Status updates? Well, I could likely live without them. But sometimes, they help us to know little tidbits about our friends... and sometimes they help us to pray for each other. And sometimes they're just plain hilarious.

There you have it.

3 comments:

  1. i miss you like crazy! You make me laugh so often. I was giggling a little while reading this post but wanna know what really made me laugh out load? The "There you have it." Don't know exactly why most likely cause it is so you. I think I hear you in my head when I read your writings. Bye

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lorrie - sign your name, sometimes I cant tell if its you or karen! Arrete d'oublier!!

    ReplyDelete