We moved from a great community a year ago. We didn't just like this place a little bit, we adored it. We all had great friends, great stories, and envisioned a long and happy future there.... As we are considering and weighing and praying about WHAT THE HECK we are going to do come summer, I just found myself reminiscing....
so, instead of the powerpoint I'm supposed to be working on for this Sunday, or the exegesis I should complete for Sam, I am flipping through old photos and being more than a little weepy...
Here are a few of the best shots....
enjoy!!!
The BAND - notice;
a) my son is not wearing skinny jeans
b) the t-shirts in winter
c) how crazy young the boys look!!
after students had left campus for Christmas break, the staff had a fun potluck!
I loved, loved, loved my job!!!
I forgot sheryl and I met when we worked together!
(Sheryl, I wear that sweater all the time, it was in a bag of hand me downs from you.
It must be time for more soon?!)
these two shots are from a youth banquet.
notice:
a) the glittery wigs that are present at so many church functions ?!??!
b) the talented group of musicians that were hired for entertainment...
This is quite likely the first group photo of the praying ladies...
how could this be less than three years ago? These girls went from 10 to 16 overnight.
again, look how young!!!
i don't know if I've ever publicly admitted that I cried the first time my son wore a jersey that was blue and not black, that had a dog instead of a hawk... i think i loved the team sports in our old school MORE than our kids did ... maybe.
so many suppers with friends.. We loved every minute!
:)
One thing we don't miss .... saying goodbye to our awesome family.
This group shot was taken post-Christmas at Cora's as we pulled out of town one year.
This was a fun stroll down memory lane. Thanks for joining me!
A memory is what is left when something happens and does not completely unhappen.
~Edward de Bono
Life is a rough biography. Memories smooth out the edges.
~Terri Guillemets












Sending prayers for you and yours. I have no doubt that whatever is next, it'll be beautiful!
ReplyDeleteIt MIGHT be time for hand-me-downs again. I feel the need to purge my wardrobe!
ReplyDeleteOh yes, more than a little heart tug here reading and seeing that post. I am both sad and thankful, longing and praying, wondering and anticipating about the events and the future events that were and will come from that hiatus in that little town! Here is to our God who is weaving a tapestry of love and redemption! Praise and glory and honor to Him.
ReplyDeleteIt is quite crazy how much the kids have changed!
ReplyDelete