I was getting dropped off this morning when i saw some friends from the community sitting and visiting on our north stairs... they hadn't been around a whole lot in the last few months, and last I heard they were homeless. I decided to go hang out with them, not wanting to miss one of my rare chances to do that these days. ( since taking a job I have been missing the weekly drop in gatherings - its a big loss for me) I got caught up on the news of their lives for a few minutes before my growling stomach started to distract me (I hadn't eaten much for breakfast before I left for an early meeting).
I invited them into the church kitchen, scrounged around a bit and found some bread and honey, along with a few tea bags. We had a little feast of tea, toast, laughter, and friendship.
Hardly noteworthy, yet somehow profound for me. Availability and relationship - the combination of these two things is a gift.
happy friday!
Agreed wholeheartedly! Love those little moments! Kaitlin
ReplyDelete