Just the other day, I was giving my sweet nephew his bath, watching him take his first steps...
..... and then, I blinked.
and he grew up!
So I squeezed him really hard and asked 'where did the time go?'
And I also asked - repeatedly: 'Do you know how proud of you I am? Like really, really proud of who you are and all the things that make you you?'
And he says, 'umm, yeah, I think I know.'
But I sent him a text or two, just to make sure he wouldn't forget.
No matter what message I send, I always get the same reply... 'LOL'.
I don't remember which birthday this was.
I kinda thought it was only last month or something.
next graduate: my boy.
Everyone keeps asking me:
if you were such a teary mess when D. graduated, how will you cope when your OWN son graduates (in two years!).
Answer: I was never really good at loving other peoples kids differently than my own.
Yeah, I know, I'm weird.
But there you have it - another boundary I don't love to cooperate with! I just love 'em all the same and cry over everyone's accomplishments.





No comments:
Post a Comment