Friday, July 8, 2011

grateful


honestly?  Grateful isn't what I want to write about today. 
 Oh, I'm grateful, don't get me wrong.  
Just not right now. 
 Right now, I'm in fixing mode. 
Fixing puts grateful on the back burner - maybe off the stove all together!
  Let's be even more honest - fixing preoccupies me; it makes me unable to see grace. 
I'm managing, listing, planning, and orchestrating.  
Trying, striving, and re-configuring.  

So, i will take this prompt as a reminder not to get lost in the trees and lose sight of the forest. 

Gratefulness helps us SEE.  It helps us LET GO.  It helps us EMBRACE.
just writing a few words, suddenly, all the things I'm grateful for come flooding in ...
 
 laughing till my face hurts
 flowers on my pillow
smiles from strangers
re-do's
 journalling pages that inspire and attend to my heart
old friends and long walks
steak dinners 
my husband's cologne
grace
happy kids with chocolatey faces
holding hands
tender touches
homemade french fries
ahh... time's up.  

Gypsy Mama challenges us with a topic to write about - unedited - every Friday. 
 Today's topic was Grateful.
Join in!

4 comments:

  1. I've never thought about it that way, but yes, fixing mode does kind of negate the thankfulness. What a great take on this prompt. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh...fixing!
    I've spent so much time micro-managing others ... fixing them, to suit my convience. Gratefully God has shown me, by His grace, that I am only allowed to fix me! Which sometimes turns into that distraction again.
    Thanks for the reminder! And a wonderful perspective on this prompt.
    Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't it awesome how just naming things we are grateful for...our grateful self emerges! This is really good...thank you for sharing and for your honesty.

    ReplyDelete