Originally found here
I found this image on pinterest a while back, along with some others like it, and they've inspired me. Today was the perfect opportunity to experiment. I've been hiding away in a dorm room for 38 hours, working on finishing up assignments and reading for my class this week.
Yesterday, I managed to take a couple of walks to clear my head. But today, I didn't even get dressed. (yes, I am still in my pj's at 9pm!) There were a couple of times when the words on the page or screen started to swim around before my eyes, I needed to change the pace at least a little. Enter this little mini workout! It takes about 10 minutes. Clears your head, restores your energy, and keeps the blahs away.
I'm going to keep trying to do it at least twice per day while I'm at school (this coming week). Anyone gonna try it with me? Aldra, I've read your blog - I'm looking at you. Comment below if you wanna give it a go, let me know what you think.
PS: I have another goal - REAL pushups. I have always done the modified ones (also called 'girl' pushups). Anyone want to join me on that challenge too?
I'm sitting here, reading this, thinking--hey man, 10 minutes? I could totally do that! I'm gonna do this! And then I get called out. That was kinda spine tinglingly creepy yet fabulous. I'm going to start tonight, but I'm so out of shape I'm not sure I can reach the numbers out of the gate (15 push ups? ahahahah I'll be lucky to get 2!), but I'm doing it. And by the end of 30 days, I bet I'll be able to hit the proper number of reps. I'm gonna stick with girl pushups though. Baby steps!
ReplyDeleteThanks for posting this and for calling me out!
Also? What is all this planking crap about? I need to google it.
ReplyDeleteplank - lay on your tummy, elbows bent by your head, raise your body up on your elbows and toes and HOLD. The first little bit is easy. Then your muscles start to rebel. Do 30 seconds, then take a little break, then do another 30 seconds.
ReplyDeleteI did it rather leisurely today, with stretches inbetween and it was more like 20 minutes. Go!
Um, you do know that I'm hugely fat, right? If my elbows snap, you're buying me replacements!!
ReplyDelete