Sunday, November 9, 2008

I'm 11 years old all over again..

I'm typing this post from Winnipeg. I came unexpectedly, decided in about 20 minutes last Thursday that I was hopping a ride with Sheryl and her mom the very next morning ... right now, Karen is downstairs doing the dishes.. she is sort of conversing with me, but I don't want to do any more dishes. All of a sudden I felt like... hey, I can sit up here and do something else and by the time I get down there, she'll be done... hmmm. So, here I type. (I don't regularly shirk chores like that - I'm far too task oriented for that... but I also don't usually take off to another province with no forethought...)
So, I'll tell a bit about my weekend... I'm feeling quite restored, and I know I needed to be with my sisters. They know every story about me, every weakness, every background detail that leads to how I respond to any current reality. I needed strength that comes from them, and I'm feeling able to get on with things once I get back to real life.
Friday was a very fun day of driving, I ended up with Rick and Sylvia after a funny story involving pulling over unexpectedly on the #1 highway. Driving between Brandon and Elie was not very fun, but the ironic thing is most people have experience with bad conditions on that stretch. Saturday we went for Brunch at Lisa's (eggs benny, her specialty) with fresh raspberries on the side, I was spoiled.
Then we spent the day at Sargent Park watching Brads jr. boys team from Calvin Christian play in a volleyball tourney. I had time to take Lorries truck to Hulls for a quick stop - I don't think there is anywhere like that in S'toon. Karens in the evening, visiting and laughing....
Today Carol and I went to Mountain Bean, the new coffee shop in N. Winnipeg that I hadn't been to yet. (Sisters arent only biological...:) (Except the one that is downstairs saying "What are you DOING??!" most definitely IS a blood relative!!)
Tomorrow I'm going to take Mom out for coffee, and hang out with Cory and my niece Ally after school. And maybe I'll check out one of my favorite 2nd hand stores in Charleswood.... Oh! I hear the water draining... must be time to go downstairs for a game of scrabble...

4 comments:

  1. How did you like Mountain Bean???? I love it there <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look at you being all spontaneous !("P")....hope you are having a lovely time.

    project time is a'callin.....let's call a meeting of this fine group eh?

    See you on Wed?

    LB

    ReplyDelete
  3. YUP,miss you already!
    If you were here all the time NOT doing dishes I would be ok with that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I enjoyed our time... and am glad to be adopted by you too! :)

    ReplyDelete