Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Crowd Pleaser

This is the last week for our wonderful supper club. What a blessing it has been to share meals among three families. Not to mention being rid of the daily worry.. "what will we do for supper?"

Kim and Cath, I hope you find a third family for next year!! It was awesome doing this together!!

Our final offering was by request, so I thought I'd share one of the favorites with you.

Burrito Casserole

Approx. 1 lb. ground beef (meat can be supplemented with canned lentils or rice)
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 pkg. taco seasoning
4-5 soft tacos
1 can brown beans
grated cheese

Make ground beef according to pkg. directions for tacos, add brown beans.
Layer the rest of the ingredients in a round casserole:
taco/meat/cheese
taco/meat/cheese
taco/meat/soup/cheese
(you add the soup right out of the can on top. It absorbs as it cooks. I like it better with only 1/2 can)
Poke holes in it with a fork before cooking. BAke at 350 for 40 or so minutes. Serve with sour cream on the side. Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. I tried it and it was great! Thanks for the recipe!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete