Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Noticing

I must admit that I've spent most of my life being an un-noticer. Sort of oblivious; preoccupied. If it was necessary, I would take note, but only of the relevant parts. Just the straight goods, and don't waste my time with the rest. Nope, no inefficiency here.

It has been a discipline of the last year or so to pay better attention, to notice more. I've been 'strengthening my inferior functions.' (based on the advice of my MBTI coach.. Andrew.. do you even read this blog?!)

This week, while at Caronport, I've taken a couple of long walks. my journey of noticing has been paying off.. I was noticing so much!

the sun's warmth. nature sounds. water dropping.

kids laughing in the distance.

thoughts... how difficult it is for me to 'sit with' things, how uncertainty diminishes peace.



space.. around me. in my life. beloved prairies.

revelations. awareness.

a bird taunting a cat. over and over, swooping down each time the cat loses interest.

the breeze.

The trans-canada highway bustling by this quiet, serene little hamlet.. travellers from all over going somewhere important.

spring buds. color.

contrast.


3 comments:

  1. duke of hepburn (til aug 1)June 10, 2009 at 11:57 PM

    it's good to slow down and just be. i'm glad you are discovering that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah... we'll I have this really good teacher... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i miss you guys so much!

    ReplyDelete