Friday, January 22, 2010

Flat Fun

We have a lot of fun at Flatlanders!
...And since I'm too wordy and not picturey enough on this blog, here is a stab at correcting it ... by sharing our fun times with you... :)

an attempt at artsy photography last summer at the zoo...

Bernardin sisters and nieces -annual Tourtiere making - 2009


Bannock for communion meal with friends


.... hanging with friends from the neighboorhood


Bren is an artist - Painted on an old lead window salvaged from the undeveloped fourth floor of our building - it now hangs in the entrance on the third floor. The theme of his piece?
... ONE....


More salvaged materials and creativity! We now have a whole wall of artwork, made by friends and residents of Flatlanders!


How many 14 year olds do you know who have an indoor skatepark right in their building?! Owen is thankful.. or at least I pretend that he is.


Art show at the December 2009 Coffee House. Created by one of Flatlanders residents! (We are now the proud owners of the piece on the right. It hangs by the door to our dorm...)

Thanks for reading! I think I will try to do a fun Friday post every once in a while.. maybe every other week...
By the way, if you're inspired by the last picture, be sure to check out our HOUSE CONCERTS ... at Flatlanders every second month in 2010.. first one coming up on March 3.
Stay tuned! There will be more info in the coming weeks on FB and at www.winnipegcentrevineyard.com.
We will have all sorts of artists sharing their creativity with us -- musicians, photographers, poets, painters... Hope you'll check it out if you're in Winnipeg...

1 comment:

  1. I like the pictures, Kelly! Where is Owen's indoor skate park?

    ReplyDelete