Back in January, a whole schwack of Winnipeg churches got together and we had our first (hopefully of many!) city wide service. I can't remember the exact #'s but I think there was about 1000 more people than were anticipated - total of about 7000 people, I think? I am so glad we were there! It was a moving and beautiful morning. It was held at the MTS Centre, and the music and message were broadcast from speakers right onto the street downtown.
There were some familiar faces.. like this beautiful blonde lady that sat right near us!

And Margaret and Christina from WCV were among the worship dancers, it was great to see familiar faces.


The flags were my favorite part, it was really touching as each nation brought their flag forward.

... more familiar faces - Kilcona ushers (including my brother-in-law!) were serving that day.

Bruce, our beloved pastor, has had a heart for expressions of unity in the larger church of Winnipeg ever since he moved to Winnipeg. He was part of orchestrating this service, and I was proud of him! It felt like a celebration.
hey... this wasn't taken at the city wide service. but its a nice pic of two sweet boys!
What a great thing to do! Sadly when our city has had something similar - city wide prayer service, there were maybe 200, tops!
ReplyDeleteYou know, I've always wanted to live in Winnipeg! Maybe one day I'll have to job search there! lol
I still get goose bumps thinking about it it was truly amazing!!
ReplyDelete