Martin Luther King Jr. Day is today.
Canadians join in appreciating and honouring the legacy of a man whose 'dream' contributed to very important change, and who became synonymous with courage and justice. When I think of Martin Luther King, I think of speaking up, of grace. I think of having the strength to act when rage and despair would be so inviting.
I think of honesty and reflection, shared responsibility.
I think of dignity, wisdom and leadership .... in action.
“In the End, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.”
“The ultimate tragedy is not the oppression and cruelty by the bad people but the silence over that by the good people.”
“Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter.”
![]() |
| With Rosa Parks - another grace filled person, even when she'd had enough |


wow Kelly, I like the part about speaking up and grace and especially about having "the strength to act when rage and despair would be so inviting". I am challenged! thanks! Kaitlin
ReplyDelete