As soon as I walked in, I met Pamela, who owns the Foxy Shoppe (I think her last name is Fox). I told her I was feeling a little flattened from a few challenging things happening simultaneously in my life. She told me that I'd come to the right place. I guess she was right because I left with a spring in my step and a little giggle under my breath.

From the outside, the Foxy Shoppe looks like a lingerie store. But its so much more... I tried on a vintage style dress WITH A CRINOLINE!!! I cannot tell you how fun it was to put that dress on and spin around in front of the mirror! I also tried on this blue number because Pamela said it was a great colour for me. I think she told me I was lovely 6 times during our short time together. Her soft spoken little kindnesses were timed just right!
This store is all about fun, fancy dresses and lots of things to help women feel confident and fun. What caught my eye about the article in the Free Press was that the store wants to help women feel good about being women, celebrating all their curves and femininity.
I am definitely planning to return, and next time (since I now know what to expect) I will buy a fun party dress. (Lisa, if you're reading this, I'm hoping that New Years Eve could be a wear-your-new-party-dress kind of affair?)
I hope some of you Winnipeggers will go visit the Foxy Shoppe and support Pamela. Her blog tells a little bit about her dream for this little boutique, and I hope our city could help it be one of those dreams that comes true.
You can like The Foxy Shoppe on FB - there are giveaways on there every once in a while and updates about new inventory. Stop in for a browse around when you're in the Exchange. Just so you know... apparently they are getting a lot more dresses in over the next couple of weeks.
oh, and by the way, if you're someone who asks about where goods originate, you'll be happy to know that Pamela is committed to buying Canadian or continental wherever she can. She even has a couple of local designers showcased in the store. The fact that she does her purchasing with a conscience sealed the deal for me, I know I'll be back!
The store name fits, 'cuz you sho' do look foxy in that blue dress! WOWZA! Just gorgeous.
ReplyDelete