This is one of our neighbourhood friends, who has created some art. His work is being displayed in our artspace gallery right now. The show is called 'Falling Leaves, Flying Geese' and it ends tomorrow.
![]() |
| How Do You View Yourself? |
We had a worship Sunday at church. The creative work above was started right in the service.
I love when Communion is part of the church service. I love seeing how all sorts of different people respond to the sacredness. When I hold the elements in my hand, I see afresh the miracle represented in each one. Each time I take communion is a new conversion, a chance to confess my devotion to Christ and my need for grace. A chance to reflect on all the ways I am shaped by the God who is present, who is available for communion.
It was my son's 16th birthday recently. We celebrated at cafe 22, one of our favourite local restaurants. My husband can't turn down an invitation to arm-wrestle our kids' friends.
I spent all day yesterday on one of these... not going to Cleveland, though. I traversed the Canadian prairies, going into every small town on the highway. A ride that takes less than 6 hours in my car takes 12+ in this beauty. But I got lots of reading done, and had a $14 lunch (just a sandwich, onion rings, and a coffee!) at a truck stop.
![]() |
| This is my attempt to redeem my photo taking sklls by making it look like a graphic novel ... I know, I'm just silly. |
... after a day on the bus, I was very excited to go for a brisk walk, even though the roads were icy and it was very dark. Mostly because I wanted to wear my new winter hat! Or because I had been sitting on a bus all day ....
So, these are a few musings from lately. I'm still planning to move over to Wordpress because of the comments issue. Maybe I will work on that a bit this week.
PS: This is my little exercise plan for this week. It takes about 6-7 minutes. I can't seem to find the energy/motivation to exercise in my normal life these days, but away from home I seem to have all kinds of energy to do this!
I'm still doing modified pushups, btw.







What a good idea, putting scraps aside and then laying them out in front of you -- I need to try that.
ReplyDelete