Friday, November 18, 2011

grow (5 minute friday)

Its 5 minute friday, according to the Gypsy Mama.  I haven't done one of these in a while.. today's prompt: GROW.
The idea is to write for five unedited minutes about the prompt, and not worry about how right or good it is, just WRITE.


go.


 I found out this week that I am a right-brain thinker, and one of the characteristics of that is being drawn toward and captivated by symbols, ideas, and images. Here's one .... 




Oh! May the God of green hope fill you up with joy, fill you up with peace, so that your believing lives, filled with the life-giving energy of the Holy Spirit, will brim over with hope! (Romans 15:13, the message)

I am enamoured with that concept of green hope. Budding, peeking out, fighting to survive but destined to make it, stronger from the struggle .... I'm especially captivated by the knowledge that I follow and trust a god who can be described as the God of green hope.  In one of my readings this week, I found a few paragraphs on the theology of hope. I think it said something about never forgetting about God's intention to offer hope and to work out restoration.  Do you ever see that picture in your mind, God as gardener, pruning and tending, making sure that nothing interferes with the new thing, the green bud that is springing from a seed of restoration he's planted in you, in your life, for this time and season?  
Maybe take a second to pause and imagine it.  What is the seed that is coming to life these days in your life?  What buds are forming in your transformation?


GROW.


Check out more 5 minute friday posts.. 





1 comment:

  1. Beautiful imagery here :) I love the thought of God as a gardener. It fits with many metaphors in the scriptures.

    ReplyDelete