Thursday, December 4, 2008

A girly post...

..... About emotions........
My emotions have gotten the best of me a couple of times lately. I've been unusually teary, angry, or sad around people who have not really seen me in those ways before. (well, because I used to live in Winnipeg where my sisters are, so if I felt a need, there was always one of them with a shoulder to cry on or a floor to stomp on.)

So, I was feeling a little down on myself for being emotional. Especially in public kinds of ways...

But then, I thought about it. and I realized, hey, wait a minute.. where and who would I be without emotions?? And didn't I learn a long time ago that a blessing or a burden are just different sides of the same coin? Why am I feeling like this is a huge burden?

Why don't I instead consider the blessings of emotion. And I made a long list of things that fill me up on the inside:
  • hugging my kids.
  • seeing my daughter up on a stage, singing with a beautiful choir
  • singing a song of worship to God
  • appreciating my husband as he just does what he does and is who he is
  • decorating the Christmas Tree, all the remembering
  • The Word became flesh and moved in to the neighborhood. Unbelievable.
  • praying for friends and family
  • hearing about someone's journey
  • the everyday sounds in our house.. like kids playing guitar or giggling on the phone
  • babies
  • being on teams of amazing people
  • collaborative journals :)
  • watching my kids interact and communicate well (it does happen every so often...)
  • I could go on but its 11:32pm.

I'm feeling pretty thankful for the privilege of being emotional.

No comments:

Post a Comment