Saturday, January 17, 2009

Team Winnipeg, Final update...

I am not wearing mittens to type this, and I've had a long, HOT shower in the last 24 hours ... so I'm not at the Vineyard in Wpg. anymore, I"m sitting on my cozy, soft bed!!

We came home late last night, and my final job as leader of Team Winnipeg was to return our van to S'toon this morning. (well, almost afternoon!!) - which was followed by a nice breakfast out with my husband. (actually, I think there are a few more responsibilities this semester...)

In our debrief, we tried to come up with one word to summarize our thoughts/insights after the week... here they are:

Present... Fulfill.... Unity... Evident... Community ...



Active... Presence... Responding...



Processing... Love.... life changing...



awakening... growing

It really was a great time of learning and serving.

A couple of other random thoughts, especially for the team :
  • Tori left a snickers bar in the front seat of the van, which I am presently enjoying. Snickers DOES satisfy. I will reluctantly share the bar with my nice husband.
  • Harvey, you better be logging on to Facebook on Monday.
  • I hope there are no UNPLEASANT experiences as you return to studies on Monday. A booter, for example, would be quite unpleasant. And I hope you all wear your seatbelts at all times.
  • Thanks for your kindess and love for Sydney, you guys facilitated a wonderful experience for her!!
  • The 'north side' has left an impression on each of you... I feel really thankful to have been part of the experience.

Who can guess what the "M" is for?!?!

1 comment:

  1. Wow. Kelly. Sounds like you had a great time.

    ReplyDelete