


2008 - The year in review..everyone seems to be reflective like this, so I'm joining in. I didn't plan on doing a post right now.. but I'm enjoying a rare moment of .. 'hmmm.. what should I do?' .... Start the new book I've been saving? Journal? Think about what we loved in 2008? So here goes... Hot coffee and quiet house are such a nice combination. (the hot coffee is frequent, the quiet house - not so much!!)
Best memories:
Best memories:
- Lorrie and Paul's visit in January (especially enjoying our life-in-Hepburn with them!)
- Karen and Bry's visit in the Spring (especially because they brought Dustin and it was our first great visit with new baby Haily) (especially searching for pine cones on walks and going to the park with Eryka)
- Our summer trip to Manitoba - taking three days to do what we customarily do in one. stopping much along the way.
- Getting ready for the HMB Retreat with Lisa. Great conversations and insights.
- OTTER FALLS!!! (as always!)
- All sorts of Bethany things - students, growing in gift awareness, engaging and entering into the work of God there
- The Russell Inn - hoping this becomes an annual event. Laughter is good for the soul. So are sisters.
Best Books
Best community
- Supper Club
- Collaborative Journals
- Praying Ladies :) (the weekly Bishop's chair rotation)
- Canada AM and Connie twice per week (but the duck poop swamp walks in the outdoors were better!!)
- impromptu visits with Jess, meals shared in the city, the Dueck's deck and bbq suppers
- being able to have time with lots of wonderful little people (also called babysitting)
- small group - with other families and the one with the Sr. girls
- the kids' sleepovers with their friends almost every weekend.
- Zofia and family for Christmas visit
- Christmas with the Shields' - a great first Christmas sans famille et sans long standing traditions





Paul and I are coming in January... just so you know:)
ReplyDeleteLorrie