I spent today quite a bit more encouraged than I have been feeling. The day started out with this photo of the kids getting ready for school. I have no idea why these outrageous head-wear are the thing, but apparently, this is cool in Hepburn. For boys AND girls. Apparently.Anyway, the thing is that our family is pretty stressed a lot of the time recently. I would have never, ever in a million years chosen to leave Bethany. And chaos and upheaval are not recommended ingredients twice in as many years for any family.
But then, really, which of us would choose those things that have strengthened, shaped, and matured us? We usually include ease, comfort, stability in our decision making. When those things are not available, we have to choose to look for the nuggets of gold in the challenges - things that are keepers; lessons, messages. CHOOSE is such an important word.
A little nugget for me this morning was the joy between my kids. They were enjoying each other. And it felt like we were a family - a team - in this thing together. And my heart was warmed.
That's all.
I think sometimes if we knew the things we would go through in life, we might just hide in a cave and never come out! I am encouraged by your fortitude and your perseverence. You have a lot of strength in you Kelly and that is encouraging and inspiring in itself.
ReplyDeleteI love Owen's sweater!
ReplyDeleteI have to dido what Sheryl said! You are amazing kel.
ReplyDeleteAlso I miss O and Syd like crazy I can't wait to come to see u guys!