I've had a great birthday today. The best gift of all? I'm tempted to say family and friends, because they are wonderful and i did spend time with some of each today! I treasure the amazing people in my life. And I saw my daughter in the Jr. band and choir concert - that was also a great treat.
But the gift on my mind right now? TIME. or maybe GRACE.
Time heals deep, deep wounds. Grace causes us to remember who we once were and recognize when our old self comes back from an extended vacation.
there's this awesome blue rodeo song called 'til i am myself again' - (are there any un-awesome blue rodeo songs?) the song talks about confidence just disappearing one day ... as soon as the song comes on, i start to cry... If I listened to it now, I might still cry, but I think it would be a thankful cry.
Happy (belated) bday! Glad to hear it was a good one.
ReplyDeleteI love that song!
ReplyDeleteIs there a song about "spilled coffee"?
yeah. it goes like this;
ReplyDeleteI went to the concert, i was so excited to be one of those parents, i spilled coffee, oh yeah, i spilled coffee. yes, i did, oh yeah, i did.
the folks in front, they left their Christmas spirit at their place, they sure did, oh yeah, they sure did. oh yeah, they really did.
remember?