Tuesday, January 12, 2010

you have to check out this post...

i have been receiving info from Steve Bell's promo machine lately.

I sometimes read it, sometimes not. But i enjoy keeping tabs on steve, seeing as he's a native Winnipegger, lived in the North End, makes great music, and I just plain think he's cool :)

today's blog post is a must read. I mean it. Click here.

haven't clicked yet? here are a couple of excerpts...

"Truth is indeed shy and remains obscured until it is teased out by the ones who really want to see – who patiently attend and show they will honour and cherish disclosure. Maybe that’s why truth is not easily found. We tend to lay claim on, commodify and then consume. No wonder we’re alienated from creation, from others, from ourselves. We’ve bought into the great western experiment based on the assumption that human nature is autonomous and self interested. Our politics, economics and infrastructures are based on this assumption."

... relating a long ago conversation with his Aboriginal foster daughter; “No,” she said,” I don’t mean that… I mean in commercials. There are never any Indians in commercials selling soap or cars or anything like that.” I was silent for a minute as I was trying to anticipate where she was going with this. “Nobody wants to see us do they?” She said sadly. I didn’t see that one coming. And I had no answer. We just sat in lonely silence until supper."
Read the whole post here... and thanks, Steve for food for thought.

2 comments: