Friday, February 26, 2010

linked blogs...

Some of you have asked if I know all those bloggers linked on the left sidebar - or if not, why i've linked them on here.... so, i thought i'd fill you in ... I know some of you read a few of them regularly from here.


the order always changes, because they are listed in order of recent posts; so the one at the top of the list is the person who has blogged most recently.

*************

Leighton is a friend from SK. He writes good stuff about life and faith and church and he's really cool. I miss going for lunch with him at the KK :) -Actually, I miss going for lunch with anyone at the KK, I loved that place!-


Consciously Frugal is written by a blogger from California. She has lots of fun and interesting things to say and I'm glad we've connected. I found her blog through Real Simple Magazine.


Jamie is a fellow Winnipeger who I first ran into when he spoke at our church in Winnipeg a long time ago. He writes great stuff about his community in inner city Winnipeg, and I always learn something from his posts....


downshifting is a blog from the UK about someone who is living as simply as possible, and writing about the lovely things learned along the way. There are frequent photographs of the British countryside that inspire me! A friend sent me the link a while back, and i was intrigued.

Paul M is a great friend living in Vancouver right now. His posts are most often about family and sports these days, but maybe he'll read this and do a post or two about faith insights - he has great things to say and I kinda miss reading those posts... although i do love keeping up with whats happening in his family, too!


Melanie, Cora Lynn, Connie and Erica are all friends who write a variety of stuff about life. There are often awesome pictures on their blogs too!


Ben and Ang are amazing friends of ours who serve with YWAM all over the world! Or it seems like that, anyway! This blog is one of the creative ways they stay in touch - they are gifted communicators no matter what the method.


Nathan is a former bethany student who is now working in Lima. He keeps everyone up to date on that fun adventure, but also does some good exploring and writing about his faith.


Geez is a local magazine that is kinda fun in a risque sort of way. I like the magazine (when i get a chance to read it!) and try to stay up to date on the blog. Often mentions local events.


Jessica is an artist and writer and all around amazing woman and friend. Also a seminary student, one whose wisdom is beyond her years.


Sheryl is a great writer and has a unique way of finding keen insights in ordinary life. She also sometimes writes about adventures with my kids :)


Siloam's blog is a must read for Winnipeggers. They have lots to say and are doing some really neat things to break down barriers between people in our city.

David is a prof at Briercrest and I like to learn from him. (especially when there is no marking involved!) He really likes to write about Karl Barth.

The Briercrest Seminary blog is kinda self explanatory.

Flatlanders et al. is the blog about the community I live in, and more... there is a farm and another ministry called Freedom house associated with Flatlanders. Hence the blog's name.. FlatFreeFarm... (clever, hey?)

Paul W. is another friend from SK who likes to push the envelope a little in his blog, which is why I like reading it!

There are a few not mentioned here, thats because I don't know them well enough yet to say very much.

Have a great week, and happy surfing!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you, Real Simple! I'm glad you found me which allowed me to find you! As a wannabe seminary student, I absolutely love reading about your journey.

    Thanks for providing some background on these folks. I haven't checked them all out yet, but will certainly take the time to do so.

    ReplyDelete