we visited some great friends who are studying in Vancouver last week.
Here are some shots of our time.. enjoy!
greeted by Sasha at the airport.. wearing one of Owen's old toques, and
- of course -
with the wonderful Sasha question.. '... can I tell you something?....'
Good times with Steve and Terry at Stella's pub on Cambie street.
(banana beer?)
(Steve's yard)
We had a wonderful visit.. Vancouver is a very inviting city, especially in Metro Van where there are no box stores and the commitment to local vendors and small shops is so apparent. All of a sudden Bren thinks I should take my theology courses at Regent.. but I'm having too much fun driving across the prairies every second month to contemplate that! The mountains are beautiful, but I know I'm a prairie girl at heart.
Regent IS a cool place, though.. took in a lecture with Jess, met with an intriguing author, and was inspired to grow and develop my writing.
Good friends are such a treasure! We loved the sharing, the honesty, the debate, the fun, and the family times..
*check out Sheryl's blog for a post about her adventures with our kids while we were gone...
It was fantastic to have you guys over! I had a blast seeing all the views with brendan downtown, those big windows are great to sit beside, think and studd oh and see the city. Also that picture of me Brendan and the kids on the couch clearly illustrates that I am not a morning person, lol. come again SOON!
ReplyDelete