In a recent issue of the MB Herald (highlighting the arts), there was a piece by a writer reflecting on his craft. He said that for writers, writing is a form of bleeding... We need to get things out, and this is how we process .. writing.
I suspect that most artmaking or creative expression could be described as 'bleeding' by the artist. But his words resonated with me because my form of expression is the same as his - words, writing. That is at least partially why I have maintained this blog. Some things just need to find an outlet, and sometimes this is it.
Often a post is only a few ideas that I know fit together, but I don't know how until I start writing. And somehow I am strengthed and calmed by putting words together, its an activity that helps me make sense of my life. Sometimes it helps me be at peace when nothing makes sense.
it has been a while...
ReplyDelete