Tuesday, December 9, 2008

small town life ...

... there is something amazing and awesome about living in a small community.
Coming from a lifetime city dweller, living in a little village is awesome. Wide open spaces, long walks on country roads any time of day, bike rides past farms and acreages, so many important things are nearby, horses trot down Main street, fairs that the whole town attends... so good.
Even better (for an extrovert, anyway :) are the relationships that are so easy to maintain and friends who are always nearby. If you need a listening ear, someone to laugh with, a little impromptu celebration, some encouragement or someone to tell you what you need to hear... all close by.
I just had a great night - a reminder of how good it is to live in a really great community.
Thanks, ladies!

4 comments:

  1. Hi, Kelly. I'm glad that you like my photo of the country road that you reposted here. However, I do not allow repostings of my work without permission. I'd be grateful if you'd remove my photo. Thanks for understanding.

    Pam/Digging
    www.penick.net/digging

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jess: we'll do it again! We missed you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice shameless plug for her website though

    ReplyDelete