Anyone recognize the skyline at the top? Yup, it's Winnipeg. Made the change to commemorate our decision to spend the next year there! After 6 months of deliberating and praying, we finally have a plan.. but its only for the next year! This has been a really hard decision, and we continue to appreciate your prayers for our family. There are still lots of unanswered questions, but things are beginning to come together.
We'll be learning and serving in the North End, living in an intentional community called Flatlanders Inn.
More to come. I've tried to convince Bren to write the next post.. but he says he's starting a blog of his own.. that is worth the wait!!
You'll notice my new liking for the phrase "All who wander are not lost".. or some variation of it. It fits.. we have felt a little like wanderers, and we've even felt a bit lost at times. But the truth is, we're not lost.. in fact, we know that our family is on a beautiful journey and we're excited about the future. It's been a long time since I've been able to say that and mean it.
The phrase is from Tolkien's LOTR series.. and there's another part of it... he also says that 'All that is gold does not glitter.' .. that is part of what we want to explore in Winnipeg. There is much to learn from those who have been marginalized, those who are pushed to the fringes of society.. but they're often not very glittery. And they're often not heard, valued. We know there is gold there. And we want to learn more, understand better.
Stay tuned! We look forward to sharing our journey with you in lots of ways, and hope you'll keep reading.
blessings.
All that is gold does not glitter, and all who wander are not lost.. JRR Tolkien.
I am excited to have you guys back in Winnipeg. It will be nice to be able to just meet for coffee or whatever spontaneously again:)
ReplyDeleteI'm excited for you guys!! And I love the picture of Winnipeg, what a nice shot. it is good to be reminded of home. I'm curious about the 'intentional community' you will be living in. You'll have to tell me more!
ReplyDeleteI like the new look!
ReplyDeleteou should consider moving to Vancouver? I mean, it has a MUCh nicer Skyline!
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteYeah, I am so excited for you guys!!!
ReplyDeleteKaren