
Other posts have referred to the fact that I'm excited about studying counselling from the perspective that is emphasized at Briercrest. One of the things I'm most looking forward to learning about is the concept of narrative therapy - the idea of exploring 'story'.
We had an amazing night with old friends tonight, and as I snapped a few shots of us around the dinner table (at Star Grill Conservatory.. great atmosphere!) I commented that Trena and Bren should be in one together, because they've known each other the longest. (since grade four!)
As the evening continued, I was reflecting on all the ways we've each been part of each other's story. We've contributed to one another's lives in many small ways, but it all adds up.
I know for sure that who I am today is somehow tied to the ways these friends (and lots of others) have spoken in to my life, ways I've learned from them, or ways that they have supported Bren and I.
Story.. so much a part of who we are.
** I'd love to post a pic or two, but in all the transition, I have yet to find a camera cord! :)
Funny you were talking about "story" - I was just reading the flatlanders info that you put on the flyers at HMB, and reading WCV story. And considering how you have become a part of my story. I look forward to a time to visit.
ReplyDeleteMy family weekend ended today, and so M is off on a G&G week at the farm. Josh and Lori and I are off on a road trip (I will tell you more about our stops soon)....and Rob will be holding down the fort. Sitting here, skimming some real simple mags and "the message of the psalms" by w. brueggemann.
thinking of you,
LB
Sounds wonderful!
ReplyDelete