Sunday, September 27, 2009

praying ladies reunion


I am writing this post from Caronport, my 'home away from home'. I realized tonight as I settled in and was getting unpacked that I have quite a little routine established by now! I put my clothes in the same spots, hang my scarves in the same place, bring the same meals, and generally just appreciate that everything has a place and no one is going to mess with it for five whole days! Oh, yeah, and I really enjoy the things I'm learning while I'm here, too.

But, I digress.. this post is about the WEEKEND! What a great time I had reconnecting with two of my favorite people! Some of you may not know that the 'praying ladies' is a silly little name for three pretty silly women who once had a weekly meeting where they got together to pray. Since one of the members (me!) is no longer nearby, we capitalized on the chance to hang out while we were all in the same province this weekend.



We reconnected and had such an enjoyable time. Of course there was FOOD! Here's a suggestion for those of you who like a recipe idea;

Spread cream cheese on a tortilla shell, then wrap around pickled asparagus spears (available at Costco, of course.). Very tasty. I also tried the wrap with tomato and cucumber (and the asparagus) - that was also good!
Really, cream cheese makes everything good, right?




We saw many Moose Jaw sights, went into cool shoppes, checked out Yvette Moore's gallery, splurged on great coffees, tried on thrift store clothes, and laughed like crazy! We had a great meal in
a restaurant converted from what was once a very grand home. And Sunday morning, we went to church at St. Aidans.

This isn't the first time we've done a little excursion like this; and a pattern is emerging.. we tend to meet really interesting and lovely people on these getaways. This weekend, we met an artist named Gladys who was so inspiring and warm. This woman cares for others and seems to to be a blessing to everyone in her path! For fun, she dons a clown suit and goes to places like the children's hospital. Recently, she started making jewellery out of dried potatoes. (for real - I even got a necklace!) I'm sure her schedule would wear me down - and she's retired!




I thought of a couple of other friends as we were exploring and wandering about. This photo (below) is for Mel R. It also comes in black. Maybe it's hard to tell in the photo, but the purse is a SHOE! hehe!

And this stained glass work (which I did ask permission to photograph!) reminded me of Jess.

2 comments:

  1. Love the shoe/purse. You come to my mind everytime I see a woman with a scarf so artfully wrapped around her neck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mel; thanks for stopping by! I do like scarves, and I have a few that I love to wear because they have a great story!

    ReplyDelete