Thursday, October 22, 2009

what love does

This weekend we're helping out and participating in a conference called What Love Does. There are a few guest staying at Flatlanders, so its been fun to get ready for their arrival. We've also gotten some of our spaces ready for workshops and shared meals. I'm fondly recalling days of event planning and realizing how much I enjoyed it!
It'll be a whirlwind of activity, but i think we're going to treat Monday as a rest day. (kinda like after YA weekend at Bethany!)
Here's some of the stuff I'm most looking forward to:
  • Sacred Places - Throughout the weekend, we will be going to lots of out-of-the way places and visiting with people, having communion, sharing stories. I'll be bringing some folks to my friend Blackie's place twice. I stopped at Neechi foods today to buy some baked bannock for the occasion.
  • worship led by amazing vineyard musicians, including once of WCV's founding pastors; David Ruis. one of the coolest things about where we live is that we hear the worship bands practice regularly. His was a new but familiar voice carrying up the stairs today :)
  • learning more about the heart of this place we call home, more about the community around it, more of the early vision of those who have prayed and laid a firm foundation for the stuff we now engage in.
  • Community BBQ on Sunday. Its always good to see who shows up when there's an open invitation.
  • Youth Track. Our kids are registered along with 80 others who will be doing their own sessions, their own inner city learning. It'll be exciting to see what they learn!
  • being with my husband! He almost went to a different event this weekend, so I'm particularly thankful that we'll be together.

No comments:

Post a Comment