Monday, February 8, 2010

a birthday party!

I've been 'mentoring' (a formal word for hanging out together, learning from eachother, and having lots of fun!) Ashley for a number of years. She turned 24 today.. and we met when she was 14. Yikes!

Each year for her birthday, we do this:
1. I ask my wonderful mother in law to make lasagna, which I pick up in advance.

2. Ash invites several friends/family over to my place.

3. I buy a present that Ash usually isn't a fan of.

4. I make a heart shaped cake, to be served with ice cream. (often lopsided, always tasty!)
5. We laugh our heads off and catch up on all the news.

6. Everyone says how old/big/tall my kids are, because of course they can remember them as toddlers!

So, here are a couple of shots of tonights festivities...



This is a shot of Ash and Harvey (checking if he still reads this blog... !!) at Flatlanders during the Christmas season... with Ashley's little guy, Hayden, and Harvey's two sweethearts

An older bday celebration...

And a REALLY old one (2006?)
Traditions are fun! This is one of the best traditions we've honored for many years.. I hope there are many more!



2 comments:

  1. What a lovely lovely Birthday! Happy Birthday to Ashley!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those cakes looked fairly successful :)

    ReplyDelete