Saturday, July 11, 2009

an awesome day

I spent the day in Saskatoon with my wonderful friend Gloria. Before I tell you about the day, let me tell you about Gloria. I am blessed to know many caring and thoughtful people, but Gloria is among the caring-est and thoughtful-est. She has been my friend since the first day I moved to Hepburn, and I've thanked God for her more times than I can count. She seems to be there whenever you need a kind word, a good friend, or someone to pray with in safe silence.

We wanted to check out the 2nd Ave Sidewalk Sale and the Rouge Gallery. We happily did both as well as lunching at an awesome English Pub and visiting a most excellent 2nd hand store!

We spent a good hour or so in the gallery, and both picked out some favorite works from the many on display there. Gloria is drawn to tree filled, nature-y pieces, while I am drawn to more abstract ones. I think trees remind her of growing up in Northern Saskatchewan - a beautiful part of the country.

(If you have time to browse the gallery site, check out Celebration by Sandor Monos, Manipulate by Rick Pilling, and Interpretation by Chris Bowman - these three spoke to me. I could have spent the day there! I would have posted the images, but its not allowed.)
"Each friend represents a world in us, a world possibly not born until they arrive, and it is only by this meeting that a new world is born."- Anais Nin

2 comments:

  1. I am so happy that you enjoyed special time with Gloria. You need that and your spontaneous visits are soon going to have to be planned :(

    It was nice to read your blog and hear your smile in your words. Haven't heard that in a long time, not even Otter Falls. Enjoy your last few weeks out there. I know it's bittersweet. Can't wait to see what changes are in store for you guys here :)

    ReplyDelete