Cleaning out your freezer and trying to use up everything in your pantry without buying new groceries is an interesting experience. Today, I did some culinary experimenting. I thought I'd post about it in honor of Erica, a friend who always inspired me with her insights and energy and who I won't likely get to visit with before leaving...She is going to cooking school this fall.
For lunch, I had two soups on hand, but neither was enough on their own... so I decided to put them together! Michelle and I had Coconut-Curry-Chicken-Wonton Soup! It was actually incredibly good! Other than the unappealing pasty color of the soup, we were thoroughly impressed. We thought some basil or parsley flakes might have been the perfect solution!
After lunch, the experimenting continued as we tried to come up with interesting drinks. We settled on cranberry-apple-cinnnamon-raspberry lattes. Not as good of an adventure as the soup, but still fun! (and no, the latte art above was not what ours looked like!)
Have any of you come up with good tea-based lattes other than the London Fog? I've experimented with green and ginger teas, but still haven't found something as tasty as Earl Grey.. ideas welcome in the comments.


I loved the tea you made me with the Fireside Chat Rooibus from Cornelia Bean. That was yummy:)
ReplyDeletehey, where do you buy pre-made wonton soup??
ReplyDeletesheryl: you buy frozen wonton soup at M and M meat shops...
ReplyDeleteLorrie: I will make you some again very soon!